The Whitney Contemporaries is a dynamic group of art enthusiasts and collectors, ages twenty-one to forty.
Members choose from two levels of support. Contemporaries ($750 for two) can access a robust schedule of events including artist studio visits, neighborhood gallery walks, opening cocktail receptions for major Whitney exhibitions, and VIP art fair passes. Contemporaries Patrons ($1,250 for two) enjoy additional opportunities such as private collection visits, summer day trips to regional art destinations, and insider experiences with artists, curators, and tastemakers.
Get in touch with us at (212) 570-7746 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Life drawing class. © Matthew Carasella
Whitney Art Party 2016. Photograph © Matthew Carasella
Assistant curator and Contemporaries liaison Laura Phipps and assistant curator Elisabeth Sherman with 2017 Biennial artists Aliza Nisenbaum and Carrie Moyer. Photograph © Matthew Carasella
Whitney Contemporaries at the 2017 Studio Party. Photograph © Matthew Carasella
Upcoming contemporaries events
Contemporaries Patron Day Trip: Hudson Valley
10 am–5:30 pm
Studio Bar: Rosé
Opening Reception for Summer Exhibitions: Preview Night
Circle, Fellow, Sponsor, and Contemporaries Patron members
Opening Reception for Summer Exhibitions
Friend, Patron, and Contemporaries members
Contemporaries Reception and Tour of David Wojnarowicz: History Keeps Me Awake at Night
Your Contemporaries Experience
AT THE MUSEUM
Don’t wait in the general admission ticket line. Just scan your card near the elevators to get in quickly. Make the most of your visit!
- Bring guests! Contemporaries enjoy admission for four and Contemporaries Patrons enjoy admission for six
- Purchase discounted general admission tickets for extra guests at the Member Services Desk
- Don't forget, there's a members-only coat check line on Floor -1
Unlock Discounts at the Museum, Online, and Beyond
Your membership gives you special perks. Just present your card for discounts and more.
- Save 10–20% at the Whitney Shop in-store and online
- Save 10% when you dine at the Whitney's restaurants, Untitled and Studio Cafe
- Receive neighborhood discounts and special offers at more than fifty shops and restaurants
- Enjoy reciprocal admission to more than a dozen partner museums around the United States and abroad
- Take advantage of discounted tickets to educational programs, screenings, and performances
The Whitney Contemporaries host the Museum’s annual celebrated Art Party, bringing together insiders from fashion, art, and entertainment.
- The Art Party provides funds supporting the Whitney’s Independent Study Program
- Enjoy discounted, advance tickets to the headline event of New York's fall social calendar
Flora Irving, Joey Lico, Patrick McGregor
Joanne Leonhardt Cassullo
Adam Abdalla, Edward Barsamian, Michael Carl, Kipton Cronkite, Kyle DeWoody, Micaela Erlanger, Adam Fields, Jessica Gersh, Kate Krone, Suzanna Lee, Maureen Nash, Jon Neidich, Gabe Schulman, Lauren Shadford, Meg Sharpe, Jessica Sherman