Visitor Services Assistant,
The Whitney Museum of American Art seeks dynamic and motivated individuals to join our Visitor Services team!
As part of the Visitor Experience team, Visitor Services Assistants (VSA) respond to the needs of visitors with a positive attitude, promote the Whitney’s broad program, and maintain an excellent standard of service.
The Visitor Services team is comprised of attentive, empathetic, and enthusiastic individuals, eager and committed to promoting the services and collection of the Whitney. This customer-facing role requires a professional, flexible, and positive demeanor necessary for the Whitney’s diverse community of visitors.
Join our team to create a warm, engaging environment where visitors feel valued and welcomed.
Part-time schedule: 3-4 days per week; 18 – 27 hours per week.
Weekends and holidays required, early and evening hours are often requested.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Siriusware (Point of Sales ticketing system), work in partnership with Membership to increase museum revenue with membership sales and annual fund requests, staffing early and evening events, daily logistical operations, provide information as needed. Full-time VSAs are team leaders in one or more of the following areas within Visitor Services – Check-In, Operations, Phone and Information, Performance, Data, Group Support.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of customer service experience in a retail environment
- Friendly, outgoing and professional attitude
- Interest in public facing customer service interactions
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Ability to develop customer relations
- Strong sales experience and cash handling skills
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Previous POS experience
- Working knowledge of a Microsoft Office Suite or comparable software
- Interest in arts and cultural a plus
How to Apply
Follow the link below to answer questions and upload the materials.