Senior Digital Content Manager
The Senior Digital Content Manager oversees the design, development, and implementation of content strategies for the Museum’s digital platforms. The role is managerial and editorial in nature and develops digital project briefs and requirements, oversees content generation, and coordinates both internal and external production teams. The position’s primary objective is to use digital initiatives to increase engagement, both online and onsite, with the Whitney’s programming, mission and brand. As the lead liaison with Museum stakeholders, the role requires exceptional project management, storytelling, editorial, and digital experience-design skills.
- Strategize and develop content across the Museum’s digital platforms.
- Establish and maintain best practices for publishing on whitney.org, as well as other digital platforms, ensuring optimal usability, accessibility, and a consistent institutional voice across media.
- Serve as editor for web copy, including website nomenclature, and exhibition and institutional announcements.
- Serve as the primary project manager for all high-profile digital initiatives working closely with stakeholders throughout the Museum.
- Oversee the development of digital requirement briefs, and manage budgets and timelines.
- Oversee the production of video and audio content, ensuring a polished, consistent product; working with stakeholders to ensure success of livestreams of programs and events.
- Produce institutional storytelling products, including the Whitney Stories series: conduct interviews, manage the editorial process, gather assets, and supervise outside contractors.
- Oversee the Museum’s digital signage system and manage related contractor relationships.
- Together with the Museum’s Digital Producer, manage website content via the Museum’s content management system, proofing and editing text for proper grammar and institutional style, and coordinating content with stakeholders throughout the Museum.
- Work with Rights and Reproductions manager to obtain images and rights for content development and media production, as needed.
- 3–5 years professional digital content management or production experience.
- Exceptional storytelling and production skills across media and platforms.
- Strong background in planning and execution of media and technology initiatives, design thinking a plus.
- Strong editorial skills, with a keen eye for consistency, accuracy, and detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional maturity in working with internal clients in a museum environment; ability and desire to communicate clearly about digital initiatives with non-technical staff.
How to Apply
Please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and state "Senior Digital Content Manager” in the subject line. Application deadline is January 12, 2018.