Curatorial Project Assistant
2019 Whitney Biennial
Full-time Temporary, Ends Nov 1, 2019
A full-time, temporary Curatorial Assistant position, reporting to the co-curators of the Whitney Museum’s 2019 Biennial, is available. The incumbent will support the work of organizing the Whitney’s signature exhibition, one of New York’s most exciting and challenging contemporary projects. A strong interest in and experience with contemporary art is essential, and production-oriented experience a plus. Health insurance offered.
- Assistance in the planning and installation of the 2019 Biennial, including management of checklists, schedules, and databases
- Daily administrative support (management of the curators’ calendars and travel, drafting correspondence, preparation of presentations, processing invoices, and other general office and clerical duties)
- Research on artists
- Preparation and writing of didactic texts
- Serving as liaison with the curators’ internal and external contacts, including artists, trustees, donors, scholars, and museum departments such as Exhibitions and Collections Management, Publications, and Research Resources.
- B.A. in art history (M.A. a plus) and 2 years institutional work history, or equivalent experience
- Skills related to TMS, Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Outstanding organizational, writing, research, and communication skills, with attention to detail
- Facility in representing the Whitney at events at the Museum and beyond
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, handle several deadlines simultaneously and work well as a member of a team
How to Apply
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org and state “Curatorial Project Assistant, Biennial” in the subject line.